1. Coaching with the Brain in Mind, David Rock and Linda Paige — only for reference. Too thick and complex (at least for me) to read through, but I use it for looking things up.
2. Your Brain at Work, David Rock — good for leaders, very business focused. I read and don’t really use it myself in coaching, but I recommend it to clients.
3. The Brain that Changes Itself, Norman Doidge — wonderful stories of “neuroplasticity.” Enjoyable to read.
4. Incognito, David Eagleman — also an easy to read book, lots of stories about how we know what we know
5. Mindsight, Daniel Siegel — he is my hero, a wonderful book. The only writer and researcher really looking at the brain through the focus on consciousness.
6. My Stroke of Insight, Jill Bolte Taylor — wonderful book about right brain/left brain, written by a neuroscientist who had a stroke.
7. The Neuroscience of Psychotherapy, Louis Cozolino — in my opinion, probably the best book for coaches out there, although he focuses on therapists. Accessible but deep.
8. The Art of Changing the Brain, James Zull — best book for educators.